Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mommy/daugthers date

Have you ever have a really good morning with your kids?

One where the girls play really well together.
And where the boy "helps" you clean (which takes two times longer than it should).

And then they say those words you kind of like to hear because they ARE playing so well- "Are we going anywhere today?  Because me and Jada don't want to leave the house today."

But, then you get a great idea to take the two girls and yourself to a cheap movie for the afternoon since there's basketball for the boys to watch anyway.

And then, the movie is sold out after a 35 minute drive there.  35 minutes because you realize on the way out the door that you need cash only at this particular movie theater.

Ever have one of these days?

It all might end nicely here because I offered to take them ice skating since the movie was sold out.  

But, it doesn't.
We should have just stayed home- since that's what they WANTED to do anyway.

Don't let these smiling faces fool you.
 There's a chance that after this 30 minutes of "ice skating" (it's a plastic surface that is actually harder to skate on than real ice), one of them complained about not getting to ride the train and not getting to bungee jump.
There's also a chance that they were put on no-talking on the way home in the car because of bad attitudes and yelling at each other.

But, never fear- a family movie night cheered everyone right up.

Mr. Popper's Penguins.
And popcorn. 

Next time I will listen to my children and not make them leave the house.  
 ___________________________________________________

Side note:  While I was buying socks for Jada (to go ice skating) the girls were posing like mannequins.  They were cracking people up!  By the time I got my camera out they were getting pretty silly.  



 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love this! Makes me chuckle. What Mom hasn't had a day like this?!

I love your honest and so real mommy stories!