Monday, October 10, 2011

When no one is watching the dog...

Jada fell asleep on Greenie tonight.
Chad put her in bed.
Without Ashley.
If you know anything about Jada, you know she loves two things probably as much as Mommy and Daddy.
That's Bunny Bear, and Ashley.

While when no one is watching the dog- he eats things.
Tonight he found Ashley.
Doctor Mommy had to assess the damage, and decide if surgery was in order.  I knew it wasn't possible.
So, I did the best I could, with the materials left in the house from packing to move.
A kleenex.
And a band aid.
Poor thing.
No more right hand.
Ashley now sports a permanent cast.
Well... until this one gets nasty enough to change it.
She did great though.
Such a good baby.
Slept through the whole procedure.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Love this post! I'm sorry the dog got Ashley but I love how you made it into "something".

Jessica said...

We have a doll with a missing hand compliments of a friend's dog...but I didn't do surgery. You're a good Mama! How did Jada handle it this morning?

Amy said...

Gretchie has a baby with no right hand, too. :)