Sunday, October 30, 2011

scatterbrained

That's what I'm choosing to call myself.
Scatterbrained.
We've had such a busy weekend.
I managed to miss Jada's friend's birthday party on Saturday.  And a Sunday School Teacher's meeting today.
But, we painted the girls rooms.
Jada's is "Swan Lake Blue"- she agreed on that paint mostly because it's the name of her favorite Barbie movie.  And the other color in her room is called, "Surf's Up," which, of course, goes along with another one of her favorite Barbie movies.
I didn't include it a picture of it, but her Barbie house fits so nicely in another corner of her room.  This bedroom is so big that she actually has room to spread her things all over the place in there.  
And I do mean ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Gracie's room is a light blue.  Her favorite color.
Score!
Blue bed (that was left by the former homeowners).
Blue walls.
She needs/wants new bedding for Christmas.  Something with, you guessed it, BLUE in it.
One of her favorite things to do this weekend while the painting was going on was "practicing" a fire drill out her window.  

We need to paint the living room/hallway, but after much thought we've decided to hire someone else to do it.  The living room has ledges that are way up there.  So, if you know of someone who paints....
Seemed like everything we did this weekend got pushed back and pushed back throughout the day, so we didn't get to the pumpkin carving until after supper tonight.  The night before Halloween.
Oh, November, how I will cheer your presence Tuesday morning!




3 comments:

Momma Amy said...

I so need to come see these rooms in person! I'm sure Gracie & Jada would love to give my kids a special tour! :)

Chad and Jody said...

You KNOW they would! Let's get together next week.

jdirks said...

Jody, I know a painter who happens to live with me. He occasionally does little side jobs. If you still need someone to paint for you his email is redirks@gmail.com.