Friday, October 21, 2011

footloose

I saw the remake of Footloose tonight with Amy.  
It was really, really cute.
However, watching this movie years later as a PARENT, it made me nervous.  

Will MY girls act like that when they are teenagers?  I mean, I know they aren't PK's.  But, will they BE like that when they are 18?  Rebellious.  Self-centered.  Unaware of how their actions look to other people.

Makes me want to start building a house where Chad and I will live with them forever until eternity- watching their every move.  


Ok, maybe not THAT overprotective.
But, I do know I'm not ready to be a parent of a teenager yet.  
Just a parent of one who would like to THINK she's a teenager.
"I'm a pre-teen, Mom."  
Umm... yeah.  You're eight.
Please don't grow up too fast!




3 comments:

Danielle said...

Footloose has been on my top 5 favorite movie list since I was in high school (I know, I'm WAY older than you are!). I use to always identify with the Wren character (pastor's daughter). I took my kids to see the Footloose play last year and I felt myself go through this really weird transition where I suddenly identified with Wren's mom. I will never forget that strange feeling of being the worried mom instead of the carefree teenager. So weird. Way more fun to be the carefree teenager but I wouldn't trade this role in life for anything!

Jessica said...

I am wondering if "tween" age is worse than teens because they still seem to young to be giving attitude. At least when they are really teens you expect it. But 8, 9, 10...come on. Why can't they stay cute and little and innocent until like, umm, how about forever???

Momma Amy said...

So much fun!! Glad we finally had a "proper" girls night! :) We should have had someone take a pic of us, then you could have posted it on here. ;)

It sure did make me think about teenage girls and what mine will be like. Aaahhh! Kinda freaks me out. :) Because I know I will need balance, but there are no ABC's or 123's. So, prayer and my gut here I come!