Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's July, which means it's almost time for me to start worrying about my day job- 9 months out of the year.  This is also the time I usually start wondering why I rush everywhere, trying to get everything done on time, at the right time, and lugging my kids with me.  But, that's what the first part of summer is for.
swimming lessons.
taking trips.
refusing to take my kids to the local pool. (it's dirty)
playdates.
And now, it's July. 
How did that happen?
Not sure I'm ready for July.

Last night I was reminded it's summer.
I usually hate summer.
I'm a winter girl.
long sleeves, snow, blankets...
But, last night I laid a blanket on our lawn and just lied down on it and watched the sky, my kids, my husband.
It was so relaxing, and that's what I need to be doing.
Relaxing, having fun, enjoying my kids.
Right now my oldest daughter is at a friend's house.
My other two are in the girls' room with a friend of Jada's.
I'm listening to their 2 year old, 5 year old, and 6 year old conversations, song, and giggles.  (These girls are so patient with T-Rex!) 

I'm also watching our puppy chase a fly around the living room.  Puppies are so dumb and yet helpful at times!
We have been so blessed this summer with a new job, a new car, a puppy, and now our house is on the market.  Either we're crazy, or we're extremely blessed by God.  (I'm betting on the latter.)


So, what does the rest of the summer- what little we have left- have in store for us?  According to our summer list, we still have horses to feed, pools to go to (ugh), picnics with family and friends, sleepovers (scary!), losing three more pounds (for me- I live in a house of high metabolisms... not cool for a woman trying to lose weight!).  


The pictures on this post are of Gracie and I making pretzels the other day.  She was sooo excited about making them that she offered to pay for the yeast when we got to the store!  Such a sweet girl.



4 comments:

Mom said...

I need a nap after reading this!! I remember the energy I use to have at your age and many times wish I could capture some of yours so I could be a better Nana for my grandkids! But "grandma's" are suppose to be slower - right? This grandma, aka Nana, can't wait for July 20th when the northern "kids" meet up with the "southern" kids and we have a BAAAAAALLLLLLL for 5 days....Better get to the craft store...OR maybe we can make pretzels!!

Chad and Jody said...

we should definitely make pretzels mom! I saw a recipe on another blog for Pizza filled pretzels. yum!

Megan said...

I'm tired, too, after reading all that. But I know EXACTLY what you mean about July. The beginning of this month is my "ugh" time... I'm trying to take it a little easier the next few weeks. So I spent all day today putting up corn with my mom and grandparents - makes perfect sense, right?

Danielle said...

You're such a good mommy! The whole "moving on to 3rd grade" hit Abi this week. I'm certain she would agree to stay with you this year. Now it's time for me to be the brave one and tell her all the wonderful things about 3rd grade. Let's just make summer last another few months, ok?