Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The heat...

is killing me.
I'm not sure I've sweated this much in my LIFE!

However, this morning we woke up to wet sidewalks, and yard.  And the garden was wet.  Which means..... IT RAINED!!!  

If you knew this Kansas summer, you'd know that we NEED the rain so badly.  I'm not sure the dog's yard will survive much longer if we don't get rain soon.

I was in such a good mood from the rain, that I agreed to take my children to a pool.  Shock, I know!

We headed to another town's pool- waaaayyyy cooler than our's- and spent two hours playing and eating junk.  

And I can say that I honestly loved it, and am planning to take them again sometime.  With a money limit this time.  I'm only taking a few dollars, and when it's gone, it's gone.  I'm such a softy sometimes!  


Anyway, this is the ONE picture I got from it.  I didn't want to be THAT mom- taking pictures at the pool.  And then 15 minutes before we left, this one mom pulls out her expensive camera and walks into the pool and starts taking pictures.  


Oh well.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Are you calling me THAT mom??

Megan said...

One picture is enough. I'm paranoid, so I'd be afraid to even take my camera TO the pool, much less INTO the pool! (And I probably will also be the mom who doesn't take my kids to the swimming pool - gross!)

Anonymous said...

Great picture!! Where did you go?

Danielle said...

Way to go mom!!! What cuties you have.

Mira said...

What out of town pool did you got to? It looks like fun!!!

Chad and Jody said...

Mira, we went to Halstead.