Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I've Learned From My Mom

There are few things better than having a mom.
I've been thinking a lot lately about the kind
of mom I want to be to my children.

Which, of course, made me think of the kind of
mother my own mom was/is.

Here is a list I came up with:
A Mother is...
*someone who wants you to fold the laundry the 
first time she asks, and not just right before she gets 
home because you were SO busy with your own 
teenage life that you forgot until you saw her 
coming in the driveway.  

*someone who doesn't want you to scowl 
at the supper that was made.

*someone who wants you to try new things
(see above)

*someone who talks about your hurts to her 
sister on the phone, while you quietly listen, 
and she has no idea how important that makes you feel.
*someone who tells you about how her co-workers think you're so cute and love it when you visit the office.

*someone who takes you to work on the weekends and loves you so much that she makes sure you have something to watch on a teeny, tiny tv screen in her boss's office!

*someone who doesn't want you to ask if your outfit looks good, and then when she says, "Yes!", you change.

*someone who doesn't want to buy you the designer jeans that she knows you'll only wear once and then hate.

*someone who consistently shows she's there for you and your own children, and is there for you at the drop of a hat.

*someone who WANTS to spend time with you.

*someone who you can drive with in a car for
8 hours straight and talk the entire time.

*someone who encourages you in your struggle with weight loss, and not giving into temptation.

Thanks, Mom.
You're such a great role model to me.
I only hope I can be half the mom you are!
(wish I had a picture to insert here of you.)
 

4 comments:

Mom said...

I Love You So Much! Gracie, Jada and Trey have the BEST mommie ever...

Amy said...

You are an amazing momma. One of the best I know!

Jessi said...

This totally brought tears to my eyes! I echo what Amy said!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Awwww!! Love it!