Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What are you reading?

At CCIRA, in Colorado, a few months ago already, 
I heard a speaker say that you can tell a lot
about a person by the books he/she reads
throughout the year.
Well, here are a few I've read already this school year-
plus, a few I'm eager to get in to.  I'm not
sure what they "say" about me- 
but hopefully it's good.
The Help took me a long time to get
through, but it was probably my 
favorite out of all of these.  I'm so interested
in history, and reading realistic fiction.
Even Silence Has an End also took me a while
to get through- but I'm also crazy about
real life stories- this one is set in the jungle.
My friend, Amy, has loaned me four of 
Nicholas Spark's books in the last year.
The Choice isn't in this mix, but it's the most
recent one that I've read from him.

I heard the same person say that you should always know what you're going to read next.  I have a list.

I went to a conference about what's new in literature,
and it's peeked my interest in a LOT of books out there.

I might be coming to you next to borrow a book.
We could swap for one of mine if you want...


4 comments:

Amy said...

You need to read Mr. Terupt! I need someone to talk to about it!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I mostly only read self help type books... Right now I'm reading my BFF Candace Cameron's book for the second time. (about faith and weight loss)

Recently I read Barbara Corcoran's book called Shark Tales. (she's on the show Shark Tank.)

Usually I just read magazines... I'm deep and meaningful, that way.

Karri said...

Have you read Heaven is for Real...the story about the little 4 yr old who went to heaven during an emergency appendectomy and then came back to tell about it? It's written by his dad, a Nebraska pastor. It's a VERY quick read, but such an inspiring story! I highly recommend it.

Chad and Jody said...

Karri- this is on my list of books to read next. I'm borrowing it from a friend at church. I can NOT wait to read it!