Monday, May 16, 2011

mudpies

When I was little, LeAyre and I would make mud pies at her farm.  We would pretend that we were McDonald's and we made a drive through with the playhouse she had, so we each could go through and order a mud pie.  I was probably 7 or 8 years old.

Today, my girls, along with some neighbor friends, made mud pies for the first time.  They asked if they could- and the first thing I thought was, "Where did you hear about mud pies?"  
However, isn't making mud pies something we all, as kids, are supposed to do? 


Mud.
Water.
A plastic knife.
Shovels.
And apparently, an apron.
 It was so fun to watch my girls get messy and be ok with it.  (besides the apron...)
 And while they mixed water with mud, I pulled this little man in the wagon back and forth in front of and around the side of our house.  I'm telling you right now, if this is what summer is going to be about, I may just FINALLY get skinny!  "Again, Mommy.  In da deet!"  He loves any reason to go in the street  da deet.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

My grandmother had an old electric skillet that would get warm and we got to "cook" our mud pies on the farm. We loved it!!!! Mud pies are the best. and don't you feel like the best mom ever when you allow your kids to make them?

Chad and Jody said...

Danielle- I DID! Weird, huh? Such a simple thing. They got hosed off before coming into the house and we had the best evening we've had in a long time!