Saturday, February 23, 2013

take a deep breath

I walked into the living room 
and what did I see?

All of the paper doll clothes staring at me!

 I took a deep breath,
and thought in my head, 
"Jody, remember what you have read.

They'll grow up too quickly.
Let them make a mess.
Even though at this time it gives you stress.

You'll have guilt later,
when they're out of the house.
And the toys sit downstairs, quiet as a mouse."  
So I let the fun continue,
and I knew deep in my heart-
that they stay little for only a while 
before the "tween" age will start.
   
 And then reality set in....
We had friends coming in 30 minutes.
  
No mom guilt was needed,
We were in a state of emergency!
"Put these away," I said, "They're coming."
(Which could have been a catastophe.)

But, to my amazement, the girls, "Ok."
And they set right to work,
without stopping to play.

Taking a deep breath once again,
The kids scream and play-
happy, contented, and as for me...
I'll be in a my bedroom listening to them grow up as they play with their friends.
 



   

           



    

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm impressed with the organization of the paper doll clothes, even if they were all over the living room!

Mom said...

I'm laughing at Jasper! I can hear his thoughts as he looks out the window..."Get me out of here"!